One of the most obvious things you will notice about Comcast sucking compared to FiOS is the inability to watch items you have recorded on your living room DVR on the bedroom cable box. This is something FiOS has offered for many years now and yet Comcast are still way behind. There's little that can be done about this except complaining to Comcast in the vain hope that they give a crap about their customers, but at least their on demand content now apparently allows you to continue watching something on your second TV that you started on the first, whoop-pee doo.
I feel like I have a little bit of my life back being able to skip commercials again ;) This code has the added benefit of working with on-demand content too where the FF button has been disabled, that is most welcome!
- Press the "Cable" button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
- Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
- Type in the code 994. The "Cable" button will blink twice.
- Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button.
- Type in the code 00173.
- Press whatever button you want to map the 30-second skip command to. The "Cable" button will blink twice if successful.